A citizen complaint earlier this week has resulted in impaired driving-related charges for a 29-year-old Acton resident.
Haltion Regional Police officers responded to the River Drive and Mountainview Road North area of Georgetown on Jan. 16 to investigate.
As a result, Deepinder Dhindsa stands charged with operation while impaired and failure or refusal to comply with a demand.
Local residents are reminded that driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is a crime in progress and to call 9-1-1 immediately to report a suspected impaired driver.
Signs of impaired driving include:
- Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
- Making exceptionally wide turns
- Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
- Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
- Disregarding signals and lights
- Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
- Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on
- Driving with windows open in cold or inclement weather.