A single motor vehicle collision in Georgetown over the weekend has lead to impaired driving charges for a Halton Hills resident.
Halton Police responded to the incident on Saturday in the Armstrong Avenue and Sinclair Avenue area.
As a result of an investigation, Alex Rebelo, 39, of Halton Hills was charged with operation while impaired and blood alcohol concentration 80 mg or more, within two hours.
Local residents are reminded that driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is a crime in progress.
Signs of impaired driving include:
• Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
• Drifting in and out of lanes
• Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
• Making exceptionally wide turns
• Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
• Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
• Disregarding signals and lights
• Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
• Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on
• Driving with windows open in cold or inclement weather.