A Halton Hills resident is facing an impaired driving charge following an incident over the weekend in Georgetown.
Halton Regional Police say a citizen complaint brought officers to the area of Mountainview Road South and Argyll Road in Georgetown on Sunday (Sept. 11).
As a result of an investigation, 36-year-old Jess Carnevale of Halton Hills has been charged with operation while impaired and failure or refusal to comply with demand.
Anyone who suspects an impaired driver is asked to call 911.
- Driving unreasonably fast, slow or at an inconsistent speed
- Drifting in and out of lanes
- Tailgating and changing lanes frequently
- Making exceptionally wide turns
- Changing lanes or passing without sufficient clearance
- Overshooting or stopping well before stop signs or stop lights
- Disregarding signals and lights
- Approaching signals or leaving intersections too quickly or slowly
- Driving without headlights, failing to lower high beams or leaving turn signals on
- Driving with windows open in cold or inclement weather.
EDITOR'S NOTE: The accused person facing charges is presumed innocent until proven guilty in court.